RE: how bad is soap?

Juergen,

I don't think its a matter of complexity so much as a matter of
return on the investment.  First, the SOAP header can become quite
large and verbose.  Second, one of the reasons for using XML is
human-readability; that is, it eases the process of development,
debugging and maintenance without requiring special tools and
utilities.  Have you tried to read a SOAP header lately?  Argh.

Patrick Gili