Re: netconf WG charter proposal

At 11:41 PM 4/3/2003 -0800, Randy Presuhn wrote:
>Hi -

Actually, I think this is cleaner as a protocol feature
than an artifact of the data organization.  We never had
much luck writing MIBs that kept all state info in a separate
sub-tree from config info.  And what about objects that
are used for both (e.g. the ipRoutingTable uses the
same objects for static and learned routes)?  It's better
to tag the data with meta-attributes, and have the device
return config or state data, depending on the protocol
operation.

>Randy (the other one)

Andy