Re: netconf and working "on the box"

At 06:36 PM 3/12/2003 -0500, George Jones wrote:
>> One of the operator requirements is   that the existing management mechanisms still work, even if new ones
>>  (such as xmlconf) are added.
>
>Where are these listed ?

There have been several I-Ds published on this subject.
Unfortunately, an RFC has not been published (yet).

Operator Requirements of Infrastructure Management Methods
<draft-ops-operator-req-mgmt-02.txt>   (expired)
http://www.watersprings.org/pub/id/draft-ops-operator-req-mgmt-02.txt

Overview of the 2002 IAB Network Management Workshop
<draft-iab-nm-workshop-02.txt>  (-02 missed the I-D cutoff)
http://www.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de/users/schoenw/draft-iab-nm-workshop-02.txt

There are also several individual submissions that have been
written that contain opinions and requirements:

Margaret Wasserman:          draft-wasserman-xmlconf-req-00.txt
Eliot Lear:                  draft-lear-config-issues-00.txt
Glen Waters:                 draft-waters-nm-workshop-input-00pre.txt
Andy Bierman:                draft-bierman-nm-observations-00.txt
Aiko Pras:                   draft-irtf-nmrg-im-dm-00.txt
Juergen Schoenwaelder:       draft-schoenw-iab-nm-ws-00.txt
Randy Presuhn:               draft-presuhn-nmwebdav-00.txt
Wes Hardaker:                draft-hardaker-nm-for-dummies-02.txt

>Thanks,
>---George

Andy