Re: Perspective: XML's ticking time bomb

HI,

Here is some feedback....
I read through your I-D, and I listened to the presentation at
the IETF conference this summer.

And I find in Andy's short email message more insight and inspiration
for forward progress than I found in the presentation or I-D.

So, I'm not sure why the I-D should be used as the basis for
additional work?

At 01:15 AM 1/10/2003 +0900, Yoshifumi Atarashi wrote:
>From: "Glenn Waters" <gww@nortelnetworks.com>
>Subject: RE: Perspective: XML's ticking time bomb
>Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 10:34:06 -0500
>
>So we are thinking XML conf architecture.
>We'll write new version internet-draft(draft-atarashi-xmlconf-architecture-XX).
>Please give us some comments.
>
>   Yoshifumi Atarashi
>
>> Yow! I agree completely.
>>
>> Said very succinctly, we need a framework with:
>> - transport
>> - session
>> - security which includes authentication, privacy, and access control
>> - protocol operations
>> - schema definition language (e.g.: XML schema)
>>
>> We do not need common models to start. Having just the above framework will
>> allow for access to information that is easy to parse and perhaps easy to
>> use -- a big step over where we are today with CLI, SysLog, etc. which are
>> difficult and error prone to parse.
>>
>> In the future we can start to think about whether we want to define common
>> models.
Regards,
/david t. perkins