[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: initial issues
- To: "Ben Black" <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: initial issues
- From: "Eliot Lear" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 15:31:16 -0800
- Cc: <email@example.com>
- Delivery-date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 15:29:52 -0800
- Envelope-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
> Can you offer a few examples of how you see
> multihoming being defined?
> I recall:
> 1) The most common, large-scale meaning of an AS attached to
> multiple other ASes.
> 2) Any network element (including a single host) attached to
> multiple other network elements. Christian raised this in
> the context of mobility, I believe.
While I believe there are other possibilities out there, I'm not sure
they'll be ready for prime time any time soon. However, I would allow for
other mechanisms to be presented.