future activity on ISPMON

Gianluca,

Are there any plans for moving forward on this idea of ISP monitoring infrastructures?

My take on the IETF meeting is that the proposed charter was perhaps too broad and that
a more specific effort that identifies how information is to be specified, requested,
authorized, distributed, etc. might be a way to go forward. One area that didn't come
up is how in a multi-service provider environment, cross-provider SLA's may need to
assured. (Though I admit this is less operational and more customer focused.)
How one might share trouble-ticket information could also be included.

I also got the sense that the audience was concerned about duplicating the
work of existing activities, particularly in the area of describing data formats.
Again a clearer description of the goals can avoid this.

The experiences of previous efforts is certainly worth noting, especially how that
knowledge can be used to avoid the same problems.

I'd like to see this effort continue.

Marc Pucci
Telcordia Technologies