Re: BITS

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003, Randy Presuhn wrote:
> [...]

I agree.  Note that section 9 refers to removing bit positions in
syntax refinements.  It is certainly legal to remove bit position
zero in a syntax refinement that is part of a compliance statement
or a capabilities statement.  It is less clear whether it's legal to
do this in an object definition by refinining a TC with a base type
of BITS because that seems to contradict RFC 2578 Section 7.1.4, but
I would be inclined to allow it in a MIB review, since it could
be useful does not do any obvious harm.

//cmh