From: ext Wijnen, Bert (Bert) [mailto:bwijnen@lucent.com]
Sent: 17 October, 2003 02:02
To: Tata Kalyan (NES/MtView); bwijnen@lucent.com; mibs@ops.ietf.org
Subject: RE: ID References Question

> hi Bert,
> 	The reply is a bit confusing to me.
> 	This is the abstract section. Is this OK?
>
> ----
> This specification defines a Management Information Base (MIB) for
> use with SNMP-based network management. In particular, it defines
> objects for configuring, monitoring, and controlling routers that
> employ the Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol  for both IPv4 and
> IPv6 as defined in draft-ietf-vrrp-spec-v2-09.txt [RFCxxxx] and
> draft-ietf-vrrp-ipv6-spec-04.txt [RFCyyyy]. This memo obsoletes
> RFC 2787 [RFC2787].
> ----

RFC-Editor does NOT want citations in abstract. I bet they will "fix"
that if you leave them in. Better would be an abstract aka:

 This specification defines a Management Information Base (MIB) for
 use with SNMP-based network management. In particular, it defines
 objects for configuring, monitoring, and controlling routers that
 employ the Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol  for both IPv4 and
 IPv6 as defined in RFC xxxx (RFC-editor, this is currently
 draft-ietf-vrrp-spec-v2-09.txt) and RFC yyyy (RFC-Editor, this is
 currently draft-ietf-vrrp-ipv6-spec-04.txt). This memo obsoletes
 RFC 2787.

That way RFC Editor knows what to do I think.

> I have all the above RFC in normative references.

I would kepp them.

Bert