[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: SNMP improvements
- To: Andy Bierman <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: SNMP improvements
- From: Wes Hardaker <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 11:48:31 -0700
- Cc: Wes Hardaker <email@example.com>, "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "'Harrington, David'" <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org, Eduardo Cardona <e.cardona@CableLabs.com>, email@example.com
- Face: 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
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org> (Andy Bierman's message of "Thu, 18 Sep 2003 09:45:13 -0700")
- Organization: Sparta
- References: <email@example.com> <7D5D48D2CAA3D84C813F5B154F43B15502331599@nl0006exch001u.nl.lucent.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- User-agent: Gnus/5.1003 (Gnus v5.10.3) XEmacs/21.5 (brussels sprouts, linux)
>>>>> On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 09:45:13 -0700, Andy Bierman <firstname.lastname@example.org> said:
Andy> If it's so obvious that SNMP needs these improvements,
Andy> then why didn't they get done in the EOS WG?
The problem was that there were too many solutions. Everyone and
their sister had a fix for the problem and they were all different.
In the end, consensus was there but so was the burn-out. Juergen said
made some comments that were right on track about this as well.
Andy> Why should anyone think an EOS-2 or an SNMPv4 WG will have any
Andy> more success than EOS?
Good question. I don't have an answer for ya ;-) IMHO, the community
got too large and decisions were no longer being reached. It might
actually work now because the community is smaller again ;-)
"In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap,
and much more difficult to find." -- Terry Pratchett