clarification on deprecate/obsolete objects

HI all,

Thank you for the clarification on RowStatus object.

This time, I have question on the objects whose MAX-ACCESS is defined as
deprecated/obsolete. Please let me know whether my understanding of how to
instrument these objects at Agent is correct.

For deprecated object:
Agent returns 'noSuchName' error, whenever this object is tried to access by
GET/GETNEXT/SET.  Manager has to issue  GET/NEXT/SET on the alternative
object provided in the description of the deprecated object. Is this
understanding correct?

For obsolete objects:
Agent returns 'noSuchName' when this object is tried to access by
GET/NEXT/SET. There need not be any alternative objects for the obsolete. I
mean it is not mandatory to have an alternative object for this in the MIB
module.  If an alternative object is there, Manager may access it. Is this
understanding correct?

I am confused, for me it looks both of them serve the same purpose. please
clarify me.

Thanks
Mahesh