Re: SMIv1 IMPORTS ModuleIdentifier

Hi -

I think a mild warning is the right thing to do, since its only a problem
if one tries to convert the module to SMIv2 or reference one of its
definitions from an SMIv2 module.

> My question is really with regard to what to do (validation-wise) if faced
> with one.  I don't expect it to wreak havoc on my converter, and I expect
> I'll be capable of dealing with it once I'm capable of fully dealing with
> the SMIv2 form, though it could require some manual work for the user to
> complete the conversion.

If you're willing to require manual intervention, then it's not a big deal.
I think it's only difficult if one tries to automatically generate good module
names if the original module had only the object identifier form for
identification.  (But then one could argue that we lost all guarantee that
the module identifiers would be good ones when we precluded the OID
form.  :-)

Randy