[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Last Call: Remote Network Monitoring Management InformationBase for High Capacity Networks to Proposed Standard
- To: MIBS Mailing List <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: Last Call: Remote Network Monitoring Management InformationBase for High Capacity Networks to Proposed Standard
- From: "C. M. Heard" <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 11:08:49 -0700 (PDT)
- cc: RMONMIB Mailing List <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, 10 Oct 2001, Wijnen, Bert (Bert) wrote:
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: Steve Waldbusser [mailto:email@example.com]
> > Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2001 9:42 AM
[ ... ]
> > Given that the updated MIB module is made available as well,
> > I can't see why anyone would do it themself. I don't mean to accept
> > your premise that this is error-prone, but really,
> > why would anyone do it by hand?
> Exactly, and that is why we want to put them in a RFC-editor mainatined
> respository. So we have a well known place for them.
Fine, but in that case I think that the updated MIB modules should be
considered normative, not the fragments in the text of the hcrmon RFC.