I-D Summary for draft-sumimoto-ppvpn-applicability-guidelines-00.txt

Dear,

-----
to: idsummary@subip.ietf.org
cc: ppvpn WG co-chairs
-----

NAME OF I-D:

   http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sumimoto-ppvpn-applicability-
   guidelines-00.txt

SUMMARY

   This document provides guidelines of applicability statements for
   Provider Provisioned Virtual Private Networks (PPVPNs). The document
   is intended as guidelines to assist the development of applicability
   statements for each specific PPVPN approach.

RELATED DOCUMENTS

  - Callon, R., et al., "A Framework for Provider Provisioned Virtual
    Private Networks."
    http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ppvpn-framework-01.txt

  - McDysan, D. et al., "Service Requirements for Provider Provisioned Virtual
    Private Networks."
    http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ppvpn-requirements-02.txt

WHERE DOES IT FIT IN THE PICTURE OF THE SUB-IP WORK

   This document fits in ppvpn WG.

   Applications         +-------+  +-------+        (new) Hour glass
   that use CCAMP: \    | TE-WG |  | PPVPN |  ...           /
                    \   +-------+  +-------+               /
                     \     +----------------------+       /
                      \    |         CCAMP        |      /
                       \   |-----------+----------|     /
                       /   |   C       |    M   --|------ IGP LSA ext
                      /    | control   | measure  |     \
                     /     +----------------------+      \
   Technologies to  / +----+ +----+ +----+ +----+ +----+  \
   measure/control:/  |MPLS| |OPT | |RPR | |ATM | | FR |...\
                      +----+ +----+ +----+ +----+ +----+

WHY IS IT TARGETED AT THIS WG

   As this document describes the contents for the following work item
   from the ppvpn WG charter:

   "An applicability statement will be developed for each approach that
   describes the environments in which the approaches are suitable for
   deployment, including analysis of scaling impact of the approach on
   SPs and threat analysis. "

   This document is intended as guidelines to assist the development of
   applicability statement documents for each specific PPVPN approach.

JUSTIFICATION

   (*)We do not need justification as this document directly
      fits in ppvpn WG.
-----

Yours sincerely,
Junichi Sumimoto.