<TE-WG><draft-ellson-ipo-te-link-provisioning-00.txt>

Subject: <TE-WG><draft-ellson-ipo-te-link-provisioning-00.txt>

Name of ID:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ellson-ipo-te-link-provisioning-00.txt

process for dynamic IP link configuration in an automatically switched
transport network. We identify major phases, which completes an
automatic link-provisioning cycle. First in the traffic engineering
phase, both network internal information and external information can
be applied to proactively or reactively triggering circuit switched
links. Secondly in the network design phase, we distinguish different
types of link design. Finally in the choice phase, we outline a set of
criteria for choosing a final link amongst a set of candidate links.
The criteria are based on maximizing the value of the user network,
where value is computed from: bandwidth, distance, and duration. We
propose these criteria be utilized in studies of dynamic link
provisioning.