Resend: CCAMP draft-xu-ccamp-gmpls-arch-intra-domain-00.txt

Name of ID:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-xu-ccamp-gmpls-arch-intra-domain-00.txt

    This document describes a generic intra-domain control plane architecture
that can be applied to different circuit switching technologies. This memo
includes generic procedures, key concepts, requirement, and technical
considerations for the common control plane architecture.

Related Documents:

    http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-many-gmpls-architecture-00.txt

Where Does it Fit in the Picture of the Sub-IP Work:

    CCAMP

Why is it targeted at this WG:

    This document is intended to accentuate understanding of the application
domains and requirement, create architectural alignment, and serve as guide for
the common control plane protocol engineering. It was initially submitted to IPO
WG in IETF 49. As it fits better to CCAMP WG charter, it was resubmitted to
CCAMP WG in IETF 50.

    Authors from the other architecture document think that this document
contains elements for requirements, framework and architecture. They recommended
merging the architecture portion with their document and using this document as
a base for requirement and framework document. We agreed.

Justification:

    We believe that a common understanding of requirements, operation and
assumptions of the layer 1 transport network are critical to CCAMP and GMPLS in
order to achieve the real "C" and "G".  Since this draft is co-authored with
many service providers, we think it should be adapted as WG document for GMPLS
requirement and framework.

    We will work with authors of the other architecture draft, reformat this
draft and resubmit it as a requirement and framework document.