IPO draft-hayata-ipo-carrier-needs-00.txt

NAME OF I-D:

 http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hayata-ipo-carrier-needs-00.txt

SUMMARY

 The need for survivable optical networks is critical, and introducing
 capabilities that further enhance network survivability continues to be
 an essential objective. This is particularly important for operators
 with stringent requirements for network resilience and service
 survivability.  However, disruption of service can result not only from
 faults, but also from scheduled maintenance procedures. This draft
 introduces some additional considerations and carrier needs related
 to failure recovery and scheduled maintenance work in switched
 optical networks. These are of critical importance for serving -business
 customers who require super high quality service assurance and pay
 correspondingly high tariffs in order to guarantee this level of QoS.

RELATED DOCUMENTS

 http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-many-carrier-framework-uni-00.txt

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ishimatsu-ipo-lightpath-scrty-00.t
xt

WHERE DOES IT FIT IN THE PICTURE OF THE SUB-IP WORK

 IPO

WHY IS IT TARGETED AT THIS WG

 This I-D describes requirements on optical services from a carrier's
perspective.
 This I-D and related I-Ds should be integrated into one I-D regarding
carrier
 optical services requirements for IP/Optical networks written in the IPO
charter.