Re: UTF-8 in Internet Drafts (was Re: [idn] I-D ACTION:draft-jseng-idn-admin-01.txt)

I have to fully agree with Mark. Getting the policy changed would
(Bbe great. For James' document, the us-ascii version is just a bunch
(Bof numbers. No help to those who
(Bdon't know Chinese characters, and no help to those who do. Just
(Ba waste of bits and paper, even if the topic may be
(Bimportant and interesting.
(B
(BI also was asked to put a lot of examples into draft-duerst-iri.
(BVery tough indeed, because these would have to be non-ASCII examples.
(B
(BI think as a first step, the IETF should start to accept drafts
(Bin parallel in US-ASCII and UTF-8 (the later with an extension of
(B.tx8 or so). I'm very sure both Mark and me would be ready to help
(Bthe IETF and the secretariat to get there.
(B
(BI also had some discussions with Marshal Rose in Yokohama to
(Bextend the XML2RFC format a bit so that 'the right thing' would
(Bhappen for both versions. We didn't get very far yet, but
(Bshould pick it up again.
(B
(BRegards,    Martin.
(B