Re: [idn] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-idn-idna-08.txt

At 09:03 PM 6/10/2002 -0500, Eric A. Hall wrote:
>New RRs often need new domain name syntaxes, either for the owner
>name, or for the RR data (although it's hard to imagine an RR data domain
>name which isn't subsequently used for an owner name at some point).

Please humor me a bit further.

What RR has a domain name syntax that is different from the one used for
the web and email references?

What RR data has a domain name using a syntax that is different from the
ones used for web and email references?

In other words, as I have asked before, please describe specific scenarios
in which the same domain name is interpreted differently.

d/

Dave Crocker <mailto:dave@tribalwise.com>
TribalWise, Inc. <http://www.tribalwise.com>
tel +1.408.246.8253; fax +1.408.850.1850