Re: [idn] Do you want ASCII forever?

Edmon Chung <edmon@neteka.com> wrote:

> I know I missed out on the discussion of the name punycode, but I
> think it really undermines all the effort put into creating it and
> arrogant to call it "puny" after two years of discussion by a lot of
> engineers around the world.

There were roughly equal numbers in favor and against the name Punycode.
As primary designer of the algorithm, I took it upon myself to break the
tie.  :)

I don't see how it could appear arrogant for a work to call itself
"puny".  If anything, it might appear just the opposite (humble),
although I don't intend for it to appear either arrogant or humble, just
a bit whimsical.

AMC