Re: [idn] IDN WG Last Call: draft-ietf-idn-idna-06.txt

These ``Last Calls'' are absurd. The claims of consensus are fraudulent.
Huge objections remain unaddressed. It is shameful that such a massive
change to such a basic part of the Internet architecture is being
handled in such a careless way.

The proposals at hand are contrary to the interests of my users. I am
speaking here as the author of

   * the mail software with the Internet's largest increase in
     SMTP-server deployment over the past 18 months (reaching #2 in
     total deployment, behind only Sendmail); and

   * the DNS software with the Internet's largest increase in
     domain-name deployment over the past 18 months (reaching #2 in
     total deployment, behind only BIND).

I refuse to implement the proposals in their current form.

---Dan