Re: [idn] Determining equivalence in Unicode DNS names

At 10:55 PM 1/21/2002 -0500, John C Klensin wrote:
>Now, I know you don't like that answer, and that saddens me.
>But wishing, and even unhappiness, won't change the mathematics
>that underlie DNS matching.

Folks,

I encourage you to read all of John's note very carefully and more than once.

Many participants in this working group desire to solve some very real and
very serious problems.  However many of those problems are outside of the
scope of this working group AND there is no technical solution that will
work for the Internet.

d/

Dave Crocker  <mailto:dcrocker@brandenburg.com>
tel +1.408.246.8253;  fax +1.408.273.6464