Re: [idn] NSI whitepaper on ML Resolution

At 09.53 -0800 00-12-13, Hideyo Imazu wrote:
>According to the document, they plan to have name resolving library
>query to DNS server in UTF-8, not ACE when a user enters an
>internationalized domain name on a program.

No, they will according to the paper primarilly use ACE, and secondly
use UTF-8, and have a CNAME from the UTF-8 to the ACE.

I have talked orally with VGRS people here in San Diego, and pointed
out the difference from the report we got from the Protocol Design
Team at the IDN wg meeting. I further said that using CNAME is
probably not a good thing.

VGRS said that they will change the paper according to the status of
the wg, i.e. remove the untagged UTF-8, as that now seems to be the
path the wg is going.

As Rick said, further discussions about the testbed on the specific
mailing list for the testbed.

    paf