Re: [idn] draft-ietf-aceid

If there is agreement on this topic, I can make a small wg registry for the
purpose of ace prefixes registration for experimentation purposes that
would be available at the wg web site.

Marc.

At/À 13:06 2000-12-08 +0100, Harald Alvestrand you wrote/vous écriviez:
>This proposal makes a lot of sense.
>A few comments:
>
>- IANA should assign the final ACE ID at RFC publication time.
>- The suspension of registrations in the ACE candidates is an ICANN matter,
>   and needs to be carried to that body.
>   Until ICANN determines the set to be reserved, the result of the survey
>   should not be made public.
>- Reserving one or two ACE IDs for experimentation and using them with a
>   version number is OK, but if there are multiple experiments running, on
>   different version tracks, this needs to be coordinated to avoid clashes.
>
>A good way to go forward, if the politics can be handled!
>--
>Harald Tveit Alvestrand, alvestrand@cisco.com
>+47 41 44 29 94
>Personal email: Harald@Alvestrand.no

Marc Blanchet
Viagénie inc.
tel: 418-656-9254
http://www.viagenie.qc.ca

Normos (http://www.normos.org): Internet standards portal:
IETF RFC, drafts, IANA, W3C, ATMForum, ISO, ... all in one place.