[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [idn] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-idn-lace-00.txt
- To: Yoshiro YONEYA <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com
- Subject: Re: [idn] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-idn-lace-00.txt
- From: Paul Hoffman / IMC <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 18:27:51 -0800
- Delivery-date: Wed, 08 Nov 2000 18:28:01 -0800
- Envelope-to: email@example.com
At 11:17 AM +0900 11/9/00, Yoshiro YONEYA wrote:
> > Maybe when we start comparing ACEs, we should use different
>prefixes for each.
>Would you please explain explicitly who are we?
"We" are everyone in this working group.
> Some registries
>including JPNIC are starting multilingual domain name testbed.
I hope you are doing so in a more controlled fashion than VeriSign
is. :-) It is good to hear that you are doing some testing; please be
sure that any results you find are reported back to the group.
>strongly recommend all ACEs, including tha same ACE with different
>version, SHOULD have different identifieres.
This can be done, but it should be done carefully so that we don't
re-use a name that is already in use by someone. If the group wants
to have a set of prefixes for different ACEs, such a list could be
--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium