[idn] Re: Changes to RACE

At 9:21 AM +0800 10/18/00, James Seng wrote:
>Just a quickie note. Any correct implementation of RACE _should_ already have
>this feature since if all input streams comes from ROW 0, then there shouldnt
>be any RACE transformation.

Sorry, but that's not correct. race-02 did not check for that case.
That is why I had to update the draft.

>IMHO, this requirement should be done at the nameprep level, and not the RACE
>transformation. Supposing we decided to move away from RACE to something else
>(just example sake), we can ensure this behavior is consistent.

We have not decided to move to RACE yet. However, we have not decided
to move to nameprep either. Any alternative to RACE, and any
alternative to nameprep, should have the test in it. When this WG is
finished, we can remove the unnecessary one.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium