Re: [idn] Re: [MultiLingualList] Changes to RACE

> IMHO, this requirement should be done at the nameprep level, and not the RACE
> transformation. Supposing we decided to move away from RACE to something else
> (just example sake), we can ensure this behavior is consistent.

an equally important requirement is that RACE strings cannot *decode*
to pure ASCII text.  if the decoding results in pure ASCII, this
needs to be treated as an error.   otherwise RACE could be used to
spoof ASCII domain names.

this check has to be part of the decoding, it can't be checked in nameprep.

but it does apply to any encoding and not specifically to RACE.

Keith