Re: [idn] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-idn-race-02.txt

Greetings again. The -02 version has an important change in section 2.2:

=====
If a name part consists exclusively of characters that conform to the
host name requirements in [STD13], the name MUST NOT be converted to
RACE. That is, a name part that can be represented without RACE MUST NOT
be encoded using RACE. This absolute requirement prevents there from
being two different encodings for a single DNS host name.

If any checking for prohibited name parts (such as ones that are
prohibited characters, case-folding, or canonicalization) is to be done,
it MUST be done before doing the conversion to an ACE name part.
=====

Words to this effect had been in earlier versions of the document,
then taken out because we wanted to make the document more "generic".
However, some folks have been reading the RACE document in the
absence of other protocol documents, so it is important to state the
prohibition here.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium