Re: [idn] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-idn-cjk-00.txt

At 18:11 16/10/2000 -0400, Keith Moore wrote:
> >  In fact, DNS names are only intended to name hosts, companies,
> > and so forth -- so the uses are quite limited.
>
>they're not even intended to name companies.  at best, they're
>intended to be easy for humans to remember (given the name
>of the company or whatever) and to transcribe (from printed
>form or from memory).

the DNS does not say anything about the identity of the entities named,
just that it must somehow make sense to associate them (or their
subdomains) with DNS records.
People will continue to register domain names for pet dogs.

--
Harald Tveit Alvestrand, alvestrand@cisco.com
+47 41 44 29 94