Re: [idn] Internationalized PTR draft submitted

Rick,

No, I am not referring to charset. I actually mean *language* in this context.
The charset could be in UTF-8 (or whatever we decide). I think you still
havent understand the purpose of the draft but you got sidetracked when you
see the word "language".

Let me give you an example.

4.3.2.1.in-addr.arpa  IPTR  zh-tw "traditional-chinese xxx.com in utf8"
                      IPTR  zh-cn "simplified-chinese xxx.com in utf8"
                      IPTR  ja    "japanese xxx.com in utf8"
                      IPTR  ko    "korean xxx.com in utf8"

All 4 RR are xxx.com but in *different* translation. The charset used is
UTF-8. The language here is different. Different clients would then choose the
most appropriate IPTR RR to use as they see fit. (Whether you like it or not,
clients do have locale.)

On the other hand, I am also wondering would IPTR be useful actually
considering we have language tag on Plane 14. Hence, it is possible to do

4.3.2.1.in-addr.arpa  PTR  "traditional-chinese tag + xxx.com in utf8"
                      PTR  "simplified-chinese tag + xxx.com in utf8"
                      PTR  "japanese tag + xxx.com in utf8"
                      PTR  "korean tag + xxx.com in utf8"

which would achieve the same thing as what IPTR is trying to do.

Once again, let me state that I am not endorsing this method nor am I
opposing.

-James Seng