Re: [idn] Long header, what is my name in base64/utf-8/unicode?

It's gibberish. Decoded, it comes out as
"F<gibberish>ltstr<gibberish>m". So there was an attempt made, but it
failed. It should be noted that the mail client that Mark is using
(identified as Mozilla 4.7 [en] (WinNT; U) is known to be somewhat
broken in its use of UTF-8 in that if it responds to a message that
is in a different charset, it quotes that part of the message and
doesn't convert it to UTF-8. It sounds like that there is a similar
problem with it's responding to headers. (And, yes, I'm reporting
this to the IMC member responsible for that MUA...).

I bring this up not as a diversion from our other fun threads, but to
re-emphasize what Keith has said about the likelihood of bad
cut-and-paste or reply actions on the part of users or applications.
We should be aware that there will be non-compliant systems out there
and think about how to minimize their damage when they use whatever
protocol this group develops. We can't prevent bad implementations,
but we can think about how to mitigate for them.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium