RE: [idn] NSI Multilingual Testbed Information (fwd)

At 4:13 PM -0400 8/26/00, J. William Semich wrote:
>It is important to point out that NUBIND's
>support for UTF-8, as stated in my earlier comment, is the result of our
>decision to follow current IETF standards for IDN under RFC2277:

You have, again, misused the term "IETF standards". RFC 2277 is very
clearly not a standard: it is a Best Current Practice. Harald
Alvestrand, the author of RFC 2277, explained this in detail over six
months ago; see <http://www.imc.org/idn/mail-archive/msg00312.html>.
Your constant repeating of the error does not make it become true.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium