Re: [idn] UTC feedback

At 22:00 16/08/00, Keith Moore wrote:
>> >but I don't see why it would fail to interoperate if the comparison
>> >against different spellings were done on the server.
>>
>>         Which DNS server ?
>
>the authoritative servers for the zone.

And what do you do with the gTLDs, which need to serve
all languages equally well ?  Or a country-TLD where
there are multiple languages with conflicting casing rules ?

This problem simply won't get finessed out of existence,
no matter how much one tries, terribly sorry.

And how do you propose to scale the DNS if the burden
of normalisation/canonicalisation is shifted to the servers ?

Ran