Re: [idn] Unicode tagging

> I am not saying that the IDN group should try to change the email system.
>
> However, an internationalised DNS should be capable of encoding
> internationalised email addressees ready for the time when email is able to
> handle them.  If it can't then email people will have the same problem in
> reverse when they design their I18N solution (although I would expect that
> email addresses within SOA/RP etc. will be towards the bottom of their list
> of problems).

I'm not sure why SOA records should be a big issue in any case.
If email addresses in SOA records remain in ASCII, this doesn't
seem like a big problem - since they exist for operational purposes
(where having globally-usable addresses seems like a huge advantage)
and they are not normally seen by users.

Keith