RE: [idn] Unicode tagging

Keith Moore wrote:
> and what you can put in an RFC822 address has nothing to do
> with this group.

An email address appears within the RDATA for SOA records (with all the data
to the left of the '@' as the first label).  The IDN solution must be able
to handle this.

It appears in the same way on the RHS of RP records (and thus as the name
for an associated TXT record) and for user KEY records the record name is an
email address.  Breaking these would be A Bad Thing (TM).

Regards,

    Andy

ps. It also seems to me that for human interface reasons we should try to
make the LSH and RHS of email addresses behave similarly as far as case
folding etc. goes.