Re: [idn] Unicode tagging

Keith Moore wrote:
> > >In an RFC822 parser, a mailbox can't be KC-canonicalized immediately
> > >because "_" is a compatibility character which expands to an
> > >underlined space (entirely logical, IMO).
> >
> > This statement is false. U+005F has no compatibility decomposition.
>
> and what you can put in an RFC822 address has nothing to do with this group.

For a while, I was stunned wondering how "_" would be affected by NFKC.

Now, Email is not really part of the work, i suppose it is related and
it may be important think _think_ about it, altho we may not do anything
about it.

Anyway, RFC822 is already I18N been able to handle Subject: header with
MIME RFC2048. So handling To: and From: is just an additional overhead.

The main problem is SMTP RFC821.

-James Seng