Re: [idn] compatibility chars in draft-ietf-idn-nameprep

At 08:13 16/08/2000 +1000, Frank Ernens wrote:
>I believe that all characters specified by the Unicode
>standard as compatibility characters should be prohibited.

Specifying that compatibility characters MUST NOT be sent on the wire when
supporting the "internationalized domain name" service, together with a
recommendation that a client SHOULD fold compatibility characters presented
to it at the application user interface is a self-consistent position.

                  Harald

--
Harald Tveit Alvestrand, alvestrand@cisco.com
+47 41 44 29 94