Re: [idn] UTC feedback

> >but I don't see why it would fail to interoperate if the comparison
> >against different spellings were done on the server.
>
>         Which DNS server ?

the authoritative servers for the zone.

caches and resolvers wouldn't be able to return an answer unless
they had an exact match (which might be a CNAME record returned
from an earlier query).  without an exact match in the cache,
they'd have to forward or refer the query to an authoritative server.

>         There are so many servers to choose from in the as deployed DNS.
> Not all DNS requests are resolved by the root servers for a given TLD.

Thanks, I'm reasonably familar with how DNS works.

Keith