[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [idn] Adding "optional" characters in draft-ietf-idn-nameprep
- To: Paul Hoffman / IMC <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [idn] Adding "optional" characters in draft-ietf-idn-nameprep
- From: James Seng <James@Seng.cc>
- Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 09:41:41 +0800
- CC: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivery-date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 18:45:47 -0700
- Envelope-to: email@example.com
Paul Hoffman / IMC wrote:
> We are taking about making alphabetic characters that are considered
> optional in user's languages optional. The example you give here is a
> punctuation mark that would not be considered optional under any
> circumstances. I trust that this group can keep the list focused to
> the need at hand.
I am using the punctation '&' as an example. We have no idea of the
effect of the language itself should certain codepoint is been ignored
and how people can use this 'feature' to shrew to their own need hence
creating other IP/trademark problem.
This is where local language expert help is needed.