Re: [idn] Suggested clarifications of the IDN requirements doc

Harald Alvestrand wrote:
> I wonder: do we really have the requirement to map from IP address to IDN name?

No, in fact, we have not even discuss how to map IP address back to IDN
names. This is also another challenging aspect of IDN other than the
individual language problems since that is where most unsuspected stuff
will break.

However, I know someone is working on an I-D on IP to IDN names. I will
push her to get it out soon.

> This requirement is particularly complex to meet, I think; if we require to
> map both to meaningful IDN names and meaningful hostnames, we invite
> increased complexity in this space.

Yes. But I believe there is a solution out there. :-)

-James Seng