RE: [idn] Where to do form-folding?

Agree.

However, we should focus on the case-folding of the current DNS which is
processed in server-side.
Even if the protocol specification specifies the form-folding in
client-side, we cannot avoid the one in server-side, I think.

Arising with this topic: when I manage zone file, should I store
multi-lingual domain names encoded into UTF-8?
If so, I should convert some multi-lingual domain names into UTF-8 code with
an additional encoding tool and save the *unreadable* code to add records.
Yes, that's OK.
But, let's assume that I'm a new NS administrator. Then, I would have a
headache on zone file which contains a burden of *unreadable* record data.
:(

In the protocol specification, I think, form-folding should be processed in
resolvers.

But in the view of implementations, we should insert the form-folding
operation into servers too.
That's because of the reason described above, and backward compatibilities
with non-standardized UTF-8 domain name servers, e.g. Microsoft DNS
resolvers/servers.

Of course that the IDN wg is not for specific implementations or practical
operations, but form-folding issue is much related with those things.

If I misunderstood, correct me please. :)

- silee