[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [idn] Where to do form-folding?
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: [idn] Where to do form-folding?
- From: Paul Hoffman / IMC <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 10:02:14 -0700
- Delivery-date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 10:02:28 -0700
- Envelope-to: email@example.com
At 7:20 AM -0400 7/21/00, J. William Semich wrote:
>The question between 1 and 2 below is, where will the "authoritative"
>folding/canonicalization take place? IMO, DNS servers should be the
>authoritative point of reference, as they will continue to be for ASCII
>case-insensitivity. Implementation tests can show how much impact this will
>have on CPU resources.
Requiring folding on the server pretty much guarantees that we will
never have IDN gTLDs and ccTLDs, which I think would be very sad.
--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium