Re: [idn] Where to do form-folding?

At 08:38 PM 7/21/00 +0800, James Seng wrote:

>"J. William Semich" wrote:
<snip>
>> The question between 1 and 2 below is, where will the "authoritative"
>> folding/canonicalization take place? IMO, DNS servers should be the
>> authoritative point of reference, as they will continue to be for ASCII
>> case-insensitivity. Implementation tests can show how much impact this will
>> have on CPU resources.
>
>When you have 10,000 queries/sec, CPU resource will be a concern.
>
>-James Seng

General observation: If development of Internet had been constrained by
existing CPU resources in the past, it would not have grown to its current
level of importance throughout the world.

My reading of the requirements document is it does not concern itself with
"CPU resources." The word "CPU" or any related concept is not in the text,
AFAIK.

Cheers,

-- Bill Semich