[idn] Canonicalization: [28] through [31]

The three requirements in [28] through [30] don't work together.

>[28] If the protocol specifies a canonicalization algorithm, a caching
>server should perform correctly regardless of how much (or how little)
>of that algorithm it has implemented. [1 request to remove]
>
>[29] If the protocol requires a canonicalization algorithm, all requests
>sent to a caching server must already be in the canonical form.
>
>[30] If the charset can be normalized, then it should be normalized
>before it is used in IDN. (conflict)

Given that we now have a good set of definitions and even a chart at
the beginning of the document, these three could be combined into one
simple one:

If the protocol requires canonicalization, it should be done before
the request enters the DNS service interface.

>[31] The protocol should avoid inventing a new normalization form
>provided a technically sufficient one is available (such as in an ISO
>standard).

The parenthetical phrase should be removed because there is no ISO
standard normalization form and none is expected any time soon.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium