RE: [idn] case folding

On Sun, 11 Jun 2000, McDonald, Ira wrote:

> Hi Paul and Ran,
>
> I agree that UTR#21 is the best current document about case
> folding for Unicode.  But I would caution those who would just
> say "see UTR#21" that it's still a DRAFT according to the
> Unicode home page - it may yet change - anyone on this list
> care to contribute to UTR#21 review from the IDN perspective?

  i would like to ask this question.

  are we going to just use some program (asuuming that
somebody programmed based on UTR#21 and made it available
free of charge) and treat it as a black box?

  or is it necessary that most (?) people understand
UTR#21 ?

  UTR#21 is fairly hard for me to understand.
i read UTR#21 three times and still could not understand it clearly
(I must confess that I have not yet read the relevant portion of
Unicode book though).

  i wonder how many of those who proposed to use UTR#21
have read and understood it.

  I assume that ordinary people will have much diffculty
reading/understanding UTR#21 (I am not sure if
ordinary users need to understand #21 though).

KIM Kyongsok/GIM Gyeongseog, Busan National Univ.
gimgs@hangeul.cs.pusan.ac.kr, http://hangeul.cs.pusan.ac.kr/hangeul/
Ph: +82-(0)51-510-2292, Fax: +82-(0)51-515-2208