Re: [idn] Requirements I-D

I am curious as to the source of the reluctance to refer to the Unicode Standard. After all, if everyone limited themselves to only ISO standards, no reference could be made to ECMA standards, W3C standards, or even, for that matter, Internet standards.

I don't want to clog the list with a subject that some people may feel to be peripheral. If there is something about the Unicode procedures or process that people are uncomfortable with, I'd appreciate responses sent to my address.

Mark