Re: [idn] host name vs. domain name

Karlsson Kent - keka wrote:

> See http://www.nic.nu/Local-Language.htm and
> http://www.nic.nu/eu-lang-test.htm.
>
> Most of the test links works for me (both in UTF-8 mode and,
> ahem, CP1252 mode in IE5).

Wow cool,
http://Alliancefrançaise.eu.nu/
and
http://Alliancefran%c3%a7aise.eu.nu/
both worked on MSIE5 !

BTW, http://www.nic.nu/Local-Language.htm says:

> .NU Domain names using the European Character set (ISO 8859-1 or Latin-1) now resolve on the Internet using our testbed subdomain
>                      eu.nu. It's the latest feature in .NU Domain Ltd's local language domain name service.

Er, the European 'Character set' is the MES-2 subset of ISO-10646 (and
that is latin-1, Latin-extended-A, etc).  MES-2 is a CEN norm.

regards,
Aaron

Aaron Irvine
  mailto:airvine@corp.phone.com