RE: [idn] host name vs. domain name

Title: RE: [idn] host name vs. domain name

> > installations that do not gracefully support anything
> besides NVT-ASCII (and
>
> A basic question: is NVT-ASCII just the same as US-ASCII?

I guess that the "non-variant"(?) subset was meant.
A few code positions are reserved in ISO 646 for "national
characters".  But those variations are nearly (but not quite)
gone now.  The variations caused all sorts of trouble, e.g.
the code for } could be turned into the code for å, and there
was then no mechanism to declare which variant was used...

                Kind regards
                /kent k