[idn] Re: An idn protocolfor consideration in making the req uirements

> Karlsson Kent - keka wrote:
> Permanently targeting a reencoding into ASCII (like CIDNUC
> or UTF-5) is completely unacceptable from my point of view.
> If that is the end result of this WG, I would consider this
> WG to have failed and only come up with a problematic cludge
> that defies the intent of internationalisation.

I think that is a pretty strong statement to make.

Once again, let me remind everyone that our charter here is
set a guideline and more important to collect different
proposals. We are NOT setting a standard track.

Therefore, it is at least in my intention (i cant speak for
Marc for this) to ensure this WG takes an open mind approach
to ANY proposal without bias to anyone or implementation
irregardless of any encoding.

I expected there are many other proposals which will come to
the WG in near future and I am sure there are some which you
will hate it to the guts (if not you, someone else). But do
try to take a more open minded approach.

It will be very disappointing to see people who are trying to
working on a IDN solution walking away from IETF. IMHO, that
would be the failing of the WG.

-James Seng