Re: [idn] Re: IDN Charter

> >  1. An Informational RFC specifying the requirements for providing
> >     Internationalized access to domain names. The document
> >     should provide guidance for development solutions to this problem,
> >     taking localized (e.g. writing order) and related operational issues
> >     into consideration.

> >  2. An Informational RFC or RFC's documenting the various proposals
> >     and Implementations of Internationalization (i18n) of Domain Names.
> >     The document(s) should also provide a technical evaluation of the
> >     proposals by the Working Group.

> The protocols will be *Informational* RFCs? That seems non-sensical to me.
> I think the second item should be the protocol(s) with at least one of them
> ready for standards track.

The point of the second document is to describe and evaluate the various
proposals, not to develop a complete protocol specification for the standards
track. As such, informational status seems entirely apropriate to me.

When consensus has been reached and it is time for a standards track
protocol the work could be done either by rechartering this WG or by creating a
new WG.

				Ned