Re: IETF Internationalised Domain Name mailing list: calling for more Asia voices

At 20:07 28.01.00 -0800, Paul Hoffman / IMC wrote:
>>Recently, at a Beijing meeting, key Internet "elders" in the Asia Pacific,
>>have concluded that to promote such discussions among the various Asian
>>peoples, we have to allow them to use their own language in the preliminary
>>stage at least, before requesting them to consolidate their responses
>>and translate into English, and vice versa.
>
>This is wonderful. Please do let this list know of how those discussions
>are taking place so that those already here who can participate can listen
>and contribute.

one word of warning:

having multiple discussions on multiple lists in multiple languages is a
Fine Thing, but it is important that in order to agree about when we have
agreed, we achieve consensus on the mailing list of the working group -
that is, this one.

So - those of us who are fluent in multiple languages have a special
responsibility to partake in these other lists, and make sure that if some
group favors a particular thing, not only the opinion, but also the
supporting arguments are presented in this group in full, so that we can
achieve consensus here based on the best possible understanding of the problem.

Go for it!

                         Harald

Harald.Alvestrand@edb.maxware.no